We’re looking for an experienced mortgage professional who is prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers looking to buy their first home! The Processor III must be ready and eager to excel in a quickly growing not-for-profit mortgage lender. Please take a look at the job description below. If it sounds like a good fit, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Based in Riverside, CA
The Loan Processor III is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager and lending team in the execution of all strategies inclusive of processing first and subordinate mortgages, data entry, customer contact, onboarding loans, file follow-up and in-depth document review in a retail/wholesale or correspondent environment. This position will provide customer service to loan originators and clients to accurately and timely (within TRID guidelines) facilitate all Springboard CDFI’s loan programs and services. The Loan Processor III is designated as a subject matter expert for new practices and ongoing program training with existing associates and introductory training with new hires.
- Minimum High School Diploma with at least 5 plus years in a Processor position, demonstrated ability to manage an array of loans pipeline up to 40 loans and meet closing deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of TRID guidelines as they relate to the LE and CD and timing in obtaining items to and back from clients.
- Demonstrated technical skills to include salesforce system knowledge, Microsoft Office Suite, Encompass, basic understanding of AUS systems (FNMA/FHLMC) processing and income requirements, excellent math skills.
- Thorough knowledge of title (reports), credit, escrow instructions, HOA and insurance as related to loan origination, locking and doc order procedures with QC prior to order.
- Ability to work independently with self-direction as well as in one-on-one/group settings; in and with diverse individuals and communities.
- Confirmed ability to process a wide array of loans, including Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA and Jumbo Loans.
- Demonstrated capability to review Appraisals and know when to order reviews, corrections.
- Capability to pre-underwrite file and sign off underwriting conditions, assigned by the underwriter.
- Ability to make rational risk based decisions with regards to underwriting and processing determinations.
- Will be held to a higher level of accountability due to higher level of responsibility and industry knowledge.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate professionally to clients, lenders and co-workers.
- Demonstrated strong accuracy and attention to detail; effective planning, organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Verify accurate data entry and file input into LOS Encompass system.
- Manage relationship with clients and lenders, identify customer needs and explore all options towards different types of loans to facilitate timely and accurate files and closings.
- Manage pipeline organization, the level of pipeline files include receipt of new files, processing of existing files and statusing of submitted, canceled, or ineligible files. Update and track via LOS system, complete VOEs, VOMs, appraisal requests, and other third party services. Order credit reports and updates as needed.
- Inform manager of discrepancies in file information and non-compliant documentation. Work collaboratively with lending team to understand and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Examine documents to determine eligibility and analyze and calculate income according to guidelines which includes Personal Self Employed Income Taxes.
- Process conventional, FHA, VA & USDA Loans pursuant to Conventional, FHA, VA & USDA guidelines which includes compiling, categorizing, calculating, auditing or verifying information or data.
- Satisfy loan conditions when received from underwriter.
- Adhere to all federal and state lending laws and lender guidelines to include but not limited to; privacy, TRID, RESPA and Fair Lending Procedures.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
- May provide training for existing associates and new hires.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Assist and perform all other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Heavy phone volume which requires speaking for 90% of a scheduled shift.
- The individual is required to regularly sit at a computer and enter data for extended periods of time.
- The individual is required to listen and talk to individuals and before groups in the performance of the job.
- The individual is regularly called upon to deal with stressful situations and a high work volume.
- The individual is regularly required to stand, walk and drive for extended periods of time.
- The individual is occasionally required to bend, stretch and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs.