Wisebuyer Closing Cost Grants
Buying a home doesn’t have to wipe out your savings. With Springboard Home Loans’ new Wisebuyer program, qualified home buyers can receive $5,000 toward their closing costs when buying in the City of San Diego.
Wisebuyer is not a loan, so you don’t have to pay it back!
To qualify for this program, applicants must:
- Be a first-time home buyer (meaning you have not owned a home in the last 3 years).
- Attend a HUD-approved Home Buyer Class (see upcoming classes from our partner credit.org).
- Purchase a home within the city limits of San Diego, California.
- Purchase a single-family residence (1-4 units).
- Be in escrow (the seller has accepted the offer).
- Occupy the purchased property as a primary residence.
- Complete the application form above at least 10 business days before the estimated closing date.
- Earn no more than 80% of the Area Median Income (see chart below for income limits).
This project is funded in whole or in part with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to the City of San Diego.