Help people buy their first home! We’re looking for an experienced management professional who can manage the production creation for a quickly growing not-for-profit mortgage lender. Please take a look at the job description below. If it sounds like a good fit, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in Riverside, California
The Production Manager (PM) manages the creation of production from Home Loan Coaches (HLC) and Nationwide Mortgage Collaborative (NMC) members. It is vital for HLC and NMC members to have properly organized files, this position will be the point of contact for loan scenarios and loan structuring for both. The PM is responsible in knowing the entire loan process; from lead to funding. Assists staff and partners ensuring the loan experience is as smooth as possible; confirming the production staff create accurate pre-qualification and pre-approval for our borrowers and our NMC partners; allowing for a higher percentage of complete files. The PM assists in the communication of pipeline reports to Executives and NMC partners.
- Minimum High School Diploma with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in mortgage lending, sales or customer service related activities; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Must have at least 1 year of experience with the Ellie Mae’s Encompass loan origination system. Proven ability of running AUS products (FNMA, FHMLC, etc.)
- Must possess applicable NMLS license; must maintain and recertify NMLS license throughout employment.
- Effective verbal, listening, and written communication skills, ability to listen to and consider diverse ideas and opinions; bilingual Spanish preferred. Proven ability to display good judgment and common sense qualities.
- Recognized ability to function efficiently in a computerized environment. Possess high level skills using personal computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated understanding of GSE and investor guideline.
- Lead all lending operations to ensure the organization functions effectively and efficiently in service of our mission while attaining production and growth goals.
- Manage and oversee several loan scenarios from multiple places such as HLC and NMC members.
- Create reports on a weekly basis for NMC members and for pipeline communication purposes. Ensure all reports (internal and external use) are generated regularly and timely.
- Act in conjunction with the VP of Production and Program Management on creating training for HLC and NMC members; manage, train, and develop the department staff.
- Manage files for submission to processing.
- Work with staff on use of Springboard CDFI technologies, Loan Origination System (EllieMae Encompass), in accordance with Quality Controls Policies & Procedures and investor guidelines.
- Generate automated approvals via Desktop Underwriter (DU) / Loan Prospector (LP).
- Provide feedback to Operations and Disclosure Desk Manager on creation of workflows to better enhance speed and accuracy of files.
- Comply with all laws and regulations governing Mortgage Loan Originators including Truth-In-Lending RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID), fair lending, privacy and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Interact with borrowers, real estate agents, settlement agents, title officers, appraisal management companies, credit reporting agencies, and internally with loan processors, underwriters, funders and Springboard management in a professional manner at all times.
- Work independently within clear guidelines and established agency policies and procedures on assignments delegated by the Vice President of Production and Program Management, checking for guidance and consultation as needed; assist in management of programs and projects as needed.
- Act as the backup disclosure desk and back up lock desk per business needs.
- Assist and perform other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Heavy phone volume which requires speaking for 90% of a scheduled shift.
- The individual is required to regularly sit at a computer and enter data for extended periods of time.
- The individual is required to listen and talk to individuals and before groups in the performance of the job.
- The individual is regularly called upon to deal with stressful situations and a high work volume.
- The individual is regularly required to stand, walk and drive for extended periods of time.
- The individual is occasionally required to bend, stretch and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs.