Home Buyer Education
Purchasing a home is the largest financial decision most people will ever make, so it’s important to understand the process. Springboard Home Loans encourages all our clients to take a home buyer class before they set out on the road to homeownership. Being well informed will help you make good decisions when purchasing your home. It’s important to know the process and have the tools to plan ahead so you can manage your finances and be a successful homeowner. Home buyer education workshops are provided by our partner credit.org whose instructors are experts in the field. The course is approved by HUD, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae, and can qualify you for savings on the cost of FHA mortgage insurance as well as other first-time home buyer assistance programs.
The course will give you an in-depth look at:
- Preparing for homeownership
- Managing your money
- Understanding the importance of credit
- Qualifying for a mortgage
- Shopping for a home
- Available down payment and closing costs programs
- Protecting your investment
Own San Diego
A Free San Diego Home Buyer Event
March 4, 2017
9AM – 4PM
Everything you need to buy a home in San Diego – All in one place
Join us for an in-depth look at what it’ll take to buy a home in San Diego, and how to access local programs that can help.
It’s completely free, and you’ll walk away with a customized home buying action plan. Breakfast & lunch will be provided.
Learn more about this free event!
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Access to special government home buyer programs
- Six little-known programs for first-time buyers
- Customized pre-qualification worksheet and Home Buying Action Plan
- A simple strategy anyone can use for beating out cash buyers and getting your offer accepted in San Diego’s tough housing market
- 5 insider tips for building mortgage-ready credit
- A home buyer education certificate from a HUD-approved counseling agency needed for most government assistance programs
- A voucher for a $5,000 closing cost GRANT for eligible buyers in the City of San Diego
- Lunch provided
- Asistencia en español