5% Down, No Mortgage Insurance
Mortgage loans are available throughout California with only 5% down and no mortgage insurance. There are no income limits as long as you buy a home in a qualifying census tract!* A CRA home loan is part of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) of 1977 and is designed to help low and moderate income home buyers purchase an affordable home. See the map below to find out which neighborhoods qualify!
*Map may change without notice. Final determination for all properties is subject to lender approval.
- Lower down payment
- Lower or no mortgage insurance
- Not limited to first-time home buyers
- No income limits (relative to AMI) if you buy in a low to moderate income area
- Seller can pay your closing costs
- Lower minimum credit score
- You must own and occupy the home you are financing.
- The borrower and co-borrower must complete home buyer education provided by a HUD certified housing counseling agency.
- Your household must earn less than 120% of the Area Median Income (AMI) or the property you buy must be located in a low to moderate income census tract.
- Other eligibility requirements may apply.